Don’t you just love a slipcover? The convenience of machine washing the cover whenever it is dirty or dusty, and no hassles to get a professional upholstery cleaner to do the job.
At Upholstery Cape Town, we take great care to manufacture slipcovers that fit couches perfectly, and also add a little extra for shrinkage upon machine washing. Not all types of upholstery fabric is suited for couch covers. The best types of fabrics to use for slipcovers are 100% cotton, 100% linen, cotton-linen blend, polyester-cotton blend, or a polyester-cotton-linen blend.
5 Expert tips on how to make your couch covers last longer:
- Only use machine washable fabric for your couch covers that are preshrunk.
- Spot treat any very dirty places with a washing powder paste made of washing powder and a little warm water. Let it stand a few minutes – DO NOT SCRUB!
- Wash the slipcovers in cold water.
- Air dry the sofa covers out of direct sunlight until almost dry to the touch and refit on your couch while still slightly damp.
- Vacuum couch covers in between washes to keep dust out of the weave.
Couch Cover Service areas in Cape Town: Pinelands, Plattekloof, Sunningdale, Atlantic Beach Golf Estate, Sunset Beach